What is Functional Medicine?
I found Functional Medicine when I was desperate for "ANSWERS" for my disease and "SOLUTION" to keep me "WELL".
Functional Medicine addresses the underlying causes of disease, using a systems-oriented approach and engaging both patient and practitioner in a therapeutic partnership. It is an evolution in the practice of medicine that better addresses the healthcare needs of the 21st century. By shifting the traditional disease-centered focus of medical practice to a more patient-centered approach, Functional Medicine addresses the whole person, not just an isolated set of symptoms. Functional Medicine practitioners spend time with their patients, listening to their histories and looking at the interactions among genetic, environmental, and lifestyle factors that can influence long-term health and complex, chronic disease. In this way, Functional Medicine supports the unique expression of health and vitality for each individual.
Dr. Connie Gives an Overview of Functional Medicine
Core Principals of Functional Medicine
- An understanding of the biochemical individuality of each human being, based on the concepts of genetic and environmental uniqueness
- Awareness of the evidence that supports a patient-centered rather than a disease-centered approach to treatment
- Search for a dynamic balance among the internal and external factors in a patient's body, mind, and spirit
- Familiarity with the web-like interconnections of internal physiological factors
- Identification of health as a positive vitality not merely the absence of disease emphasizing those factors that encourage the enhancement of a vigorous physiology
- Promotion of organ reserve as the means to enhance the health span, not just the life span of each patient
Functional Medicine Focus
Food as Medicine.....its what nourishes and sustains us to "BE" the best you can be and to "DO" what you want to do. I believe you are not WHAT you eat, rather, its what you are able to BE and DO because of the foods that you eat. Food is fuel for our body...it's currency for energy to BE and DO without pain and inflammation.
Most of us are DISCONNECTED from our bodies. We are constantly feeding our minds by engaging with technology. Our devices are our means to communicate, work, and entertain. This poses a serious problem for our bodies......we become achy, tight, and weak. It causes mal-alignment of our bodies and speeds the aging process.
We don't need to sweat bullets at the gym, we need simple, effective, and efficient movements to keep us pain free, flexible, and toned to BE and DO.
Because we stay connected" via our technology devices, we are stressed more than ever!
When we don't take time to stop "DOING" AND BE....., our brain never reboots. In the same way that our computers crash sometimes, if we over process our minds, our brain crashes too.
What is reboot? It's taking the time to be "PRESENT" and "CHECK IN" regularly with yourself, your goals, and your loved ones.
I used to be frenzied with "to do" lists that never stops....until my illness forced me to reassess my life. Allow me to teach you the way to "quiet" your mind and create space for you to find yourself again.
Get Started Today With My Free Intro Video Series!